In our minds, New York City is synonymous with incredible properties. But, it’s also all about the really (and we mean REALLY) great food. And this city is known for its burgers almost as much as its bagels and pizzas. Brooklyn, specifically, is earning its status as foodie central and every foodie town claims to house the best burger. So naturally, we thought it was our job to step in and find out if that’s true. Hint: it’s true.
Here is our round up of the five Brooklyn Burgers that are making us drool right now:
1) Reynard: The Reynard Burger is a Brooklyn classic. Housed in the Wythe Hotel, this restaurant serves up a simple burger that does magic. Everything about this burger is cooked to perfection. The bread is soft but sturdy enough to hold up the juices from the tender patty. And the caramelized onions. Let’s talk about the caramelized onions. How do they get it to the perfect sweet/savory ratio that it is?
Reynard is located at 80 Wythe Avenue in the neighborhood of Williamsburg.
2) two8two: If you try doing a Google search for the best burger in Brooklyn, two8two is likely the first one that comes up. This cozy burger bar established itself as the best in town early on. The burger is made using fresh meat from the local Paisanos Butcher Shop. And not only is the patty cooked to perfection, but it’s also held up in the softest, most buttery bread buns imaginable.
two8two is located at 282 Atlantic Avenue in the neighborhood of Boreum Hill / Cobble Hill.
3) Mister Dips: Mister Dips is the kind of place most people think of when they think Brooklyn. It’s housed in an airstream trailer in the William Vale Hotel and serves its burgers fast food style. But this retro truck doesn’t just serve up burgers. It’s also known for its incredible ice creams and floats. Go for the Special Dip Burger with jack cheese and sriracha. And don’t forget to order a cherry soda on the side!
Master Dips is located at 111 N 12th Street in the neighborhood of Williamsburg.
4) Blue Collar: For the days you’re looking for a simple, old-school burger, Blue Collar steps in. This burger is the least expensive on the list, but price doesn’t always equal value because this one surpasses all. Blue Collar knows that when your ingredients are that fresh, all you need on a burger is lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions. And that’s exactly how they serve theirs. Oh, and the veggie option is made with beans and is equally delicious.
Blue Collar is located at 160 Havemeyer Street in the neighborhood of Williamsburg.
5) Peter Luger Steakhouse: This place is an old Brooklyn institution. It’s known best for its lamb steak. But any place that serves up that good of a steak makes a smashing burger. This burger is only served at lunch, but coming early just for the burger is so worth it. The juiciness of the meat almost begs you to take the patty out and eat it all on its own. But then you’d be missing out on the perfection that is their bread! Not only are the burgers, steaks and desserts incredible here, but the ambiance of the entire restaurant pulls at the heartstrings of anyone who prefers an old New York.
Peter Luger is located at 178 Broadway in the neighborhood of Williamsburg.
So, ultimately, we weren’t able to come to a conclusion on which one would win if these burgers were to fight it out for the title of “Best Burger in Town,” but we’re placing all our bets that Brooklyn takes it home in this department. Because who doesn’t enjoy a meaty, juicy burger and a cold frosty beer in this town? Follow that with a cone of freshly-made, milky ice cream and we’d say you’re thinking clearly.